The follow policies supersede all other food related policies until further notice.
Food should only be purchased for in-person events where it is integral to the program.
Ordering food when you are having a virtual meeting will not be reimbursed.
Food must be supplied in individually wrapped containers/packaging or it will not be reimbursed.
Standard pizza boxes will not be approved. All pizza slices must be individually boxed, and it must show this on any receipt.
The most up to date policies from the university can be found on TUPortal under the Return To Campus tab. See: "On-Campus University and Student Events and Catering" protocal.
The following information ONLY applies to organizations on the Health Sciences Center Campus.
This information does NOT apply to Main Campus student organizations. For Main Campus policies, please click here.
Aramark has exclusive catering rights which means they have the first right of refusal for any catering desired on campus. Aramark and Business Services must approve your organization to order from another vendor before you are permitted to place the order. If your order is $250 or under, you are permitted to go with an outside vendor AFTER you follow the steps outlined below. If university funds are to be used to sponsor the event, Temple University Business Services must have the final signature approval for the purchase. Timeline for ordering Aramark catering and non-Aramark catering is listed within each section below. Note that not adhering to these time frames could result in no food being approved for your event or not reimbursed through any Temple University funds or additional charges being applied by Aramark.
Request Food from Aramark Cherry & White Catering Company (A $50 delivery fee is applied to all HSC orders. Free pick up is available as well)
- Place order with Aramark a minimum of 5 business days, 10 business days preferred, prior to the event. Approval, prices and delivery not guaranteed if outside of this time frame.
- Place order at Aramark by going to https://cherryandwhite.catertrax.com/menunavigation.asp?categorygroup=1#c:3
- Please note that Aramark Catering's new process is fully online and requires no paper or email attachments.
- Click “Student Org. Wise Owl Menu and Order Form”
- Choose food items and drinks
- When you have to choose your payment method you MUST choose pay by FOPAL.
- Enter email@example.com and the office phone number 215-707-4017. The form will automatically be emailed to our office for final approval.
- This is for the Health Science Campus student only! For Main campus groupd please visit their webiste for instructions.
- Once our office approves the online form, you will receive an automated response for your records.
- Money will be taken directly from the HSC allocations budget. Students do not need to spend their own money unless ordering more than the amount of funds available in their student group allocations fund.
- Submit a purchase request on Owl Connect attaching Aramark invoice within 10 days of the event so that the relevant funds can be subtracted from your group’s allocation fund.
The process outlined below is on a per event basis. Therefore if you have 3 separate events, this process will need to be repeated 3 times generating 3 separate exception forms.
- Start the process a MINIMUM OF 15 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT. All correctly completed forms and Certificates of Insurance, should be received by the SFC Activities and Operations office no later than 10 business days before the event. **Note, that starting the process within the time frame given does not guarantee approval of request and not following the time frame could result in no approval for funds to be used to purchase food for your event.**
- Any food purchased without a completed and fully signed catering exception form by Business Services is not guaranteed to be approved for reimbursement.
- To use a vendor other than Aramark requires multiple forms, signatures and departments.
- Exceptions are automatically given for pizza HOWEVER CATERING EXCEPTION FORM MUST STILL BE SUBMITTED FOR SIGNATURES FROM SFC ACTIVITIES AND OPERATIONS OFFICE AND BUSINESS SERVICES.
- Everything else can be initially requested through Aramark to see if they can fulfil the order.
- If your food order will be less than $250, you may either order from Aramark or choose an outside vendor.
- If you are ordering food from City View Pizza (HSC campus) or Zio’s (Podiatry campus) skip to step #6.
- If you are ordering food from any vendor (other than City View Pizza or Zio’s) you must get a Certificate of Insurance (COI) from the new catering vendor.
- The SFC Activities and Operations office manages yearly COI’s for City View Pizza and Zio’s ONLY.
- It is up to the student group to get other COIs from vendors, not any other Temple University department.
- COI is generally only good for a specific date but can be made available for an entire year at the discretion of the vendor.
- The COI must have the following wording (below) referenced on the COI and be at a minimum of $1,000,000 general liability coverage. Exceptions to the $1,000,000 have happened but will need to be approved by the Office of Risk Management and Insurance prior to proceeding with step #6.
- “Temple University – Of The Commonwealth System of Higher Education, its trustees, officers, employees and agents”.
- The catering exception form can be found on the SFC’s Owl Connect page under Documents here : https://temple.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/hscactivities
- ONLY complete the top half of the form (CATERER /EVENT LOCATION /DATE OF EVENT /TODAY'S DATE / ORGANIZATION INFORMATION) and include as much detail as possible in the JUSTIFICATION section.
- E-mail catering exception form and COI (if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org. ***HSC STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS ONLY***
- IF YOUR ORDER IS LESS THAN $250, our office will sign the form and send to business services directly.
- IF YOUR ORDER IS MORE THAN $250, our office will sign the form, then send to Aramark for review and then send to business services.
- Business services will review and sign the forms and send them back to the SFC.
- Our office will forward the signed forms to the contact person on the form and save an electronic scan.
- Once forms have been sent back to the student group you are approved to order food from the appropriate vendor. DO NOT PURCHASE FOOD PRIOR TO RECIEVING APPROVED EXCEPTION FORM FOR OUR OFFICE.
- Pay for food out of pocket and submit a purchase request on Owl Connect within 10 days of the event so that the relevant funds can be subtracted from your group’s allocation fund. Failure to submit a purchase request within 10 days of the event could result in no reimbursement.
- Only invoices and receipts should be uploaded to the supporting documentation section in the purchase request form in Owl Connect. Click upload to attach a file.
- Purchase request will be reviewed within 5 business days of submission.
- When approved in Owl Connect, the contact person on the original request will receive an email saying the voucher is ready for pick up in the Student Faculty Center, RM 105, first floor near the HSC Bookstore.
- Take voucher, original receipts, TU ID to bursars office in Kresge hall (First floor near entrance) to receive cash reimbursement.
- If you do not receive notification within 5 business days please contact the SFC Activities and Operations office at 2157074017 and ask to speak with the Associate Director, Filip Pongratz.