HSC Student Organizations
The SFC Activities and Operations (SFCAO) office is here to provide you with the necessary resources to form a student group, program planning tools, and avenues to learn and network with students from all over the world. Any part-time or full time student can form a group. Keep in mind once you have formed your group you MUST RENEW EACH YEAR. Only after your group’s application has been approved can you can take advantage of facilities, funding, office space and much more. The Program Coordinator in the Student Faculty Center Activities and Operations office is available to assist you with your needs.
HSC Annual Re-Registration- May 1st-May15th 2020.
2) Click "Register an Organization"
3) Select your Organization, click "Re-Register"
4) Fill out/ Update all the necessary informaiton and update your Roster and primary contact!
-All Orgs need to have at least 10 people on their Roster to be approved!
Spring 2021 Policies
Our HSC Student Organization Spending & Event Guidelines document contains all of the latest updates for the Spring semester. To view, click here.
Updating OwlConnect Rosters
- Go to your org’s page on OwlConnect. Click the three lines in the top left corner to access the left side panel.
- Select “Roster.”
- If your new officers are already on your membership list, you will just need to hit the pencil icon to the right of their names and select their new positions from the options.
- If your new officers are not already on your membership list, you will need to send them an invite to your organization. For this, you will want to select the blue “Invite People” box at the top of the page. IMPORTANT: when adding in their Temple email, be sure to use their email@example.com email, not their firstname.lastname@example.org email. OwlConnect is linked to the tux12345 access names and if it sends to the alias they won’t be able to join properly.
- Once new officers are added, you can update the status of outgoing officers by using that same pencil icon to the right of their names.
HSC Student Organization Manual
This manual lays out all policies, procedures and guidlines for HSC student organizations including registration, funding, application process, deadlines, constitution development.
Please note OWL CONNECT will be used as the primary administration and communication tool for all HSC student organizations. Please visit http://owlconnect.temple.edu.
SFC Activities & Operations Owl Connect Page: https://temple.collegiatelink.net/organization/hscactivities Don’t forget to check out our events page.
Stop by our office anytime with comments, suggestions, idea's, or to just meet the staff in the SFCAO office (email: email@example.com).
Important Student Org Reminders
October 28th and February 28th- New Organization Deadline.
New HSC organizations should complete registration via Owl Connect during this time. All orgs will also need to meet their specific guidelines of their school. Registering before this deadline each semester will allow orgs to submit funding requests for the following semester, given the org has completed all requirements from SFCAO and their specific school for more information.
December 1st - All HSC Orgs Purchase Request for Fall funds must be submitted by this date.
December 7th- All Approved reimbursments must be picked up from SFC 105 by 5pm.
December 11th- All Fall vouchers must have been brought to the Bursars by 12pm.
May 1st - May 15th is the Fall Funding Request period. LKSOM has a different timeline/process. Please see your SGA representative for more details.
May 10th- All HSC Orgs Purchase Request for Spring funds must be spent AND receipts submitted on OWL CONNECT.
May 15th - All Approved reimbursement vouchers must be picked up from SFC 105 by 12pm and taken to the Bursar's office for reimbursement.
***ALL PURCHASE REQUESTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF THE EVENT. All requests must be submitted through Owl Connect with a copy of the original receipt attached.***
The below organizations are recogized by SFCAO as official organizations eligible to receive GAF funding but newly registtered organizattions may not be on this list: